Sunday 29 March 2009

Guardian Environment Blog .... Mechka Blog

Just added some text to my guardian profile: Bulgarian, but feel more inclined to say that I am born on this planet as the rest of us and am very considered about earth's future. Most of my life I have been searching for the meaning of life, who am I and have pondered many sleepless nights on what makes us happy. Now this seems almost irrelevant. We are talking basic Maslow hierarchy of needs here - climate change means not necessarily death but pain, suffering, injustice, loss, hopelessness, slavery and torture, it means, hunger, chaos and devastation - all the opposites of the purpose of our existence, what we have been striving for.
Last year I finaly managed to secure several bigger cleaning contracts using an eco friendly cleaning concept, trained several people how to use eco cleaning products and I was off on the road of green entrepreneurship. That's my bit. If you need a cleaner for your home or your office, or you simply need an advice about eco cleaning - just get in touch: kate@ultimatelyeco.com

Why is it so difficult to show some bravity to communicate my thoughts with the world.

I have been on a very focused journey dating from about the time I started reading books. Something switched, a little mechanism. May be one of the most influential books has been the Celestine Prophecy... or may be there was something earlier. Now, that got me thinking...
Where did it all start ... may be because I had a normal upbringing?
or may be it was this one sci-fi short story that my aunty read to me whan I was 10
or may be it all started while star-gazing lying in the grazing land near my grandparents microfarm in selo Mechka.

My mum just skyped me. She will send some recent pictures of that little microfarm where it all started...

Hadn't I had this experience, so close to the land, the earth, the plants, animals, wilderness or cultivated land. Wood chopping, constructing huts, I haven't allowed myself to think about this palce for a very long time. My family sold it in 1995 as we couldn't cope with maintaining it. We "invested" the money in tv set and some other household necessities, like a fridge freezer!
Sad.

Here how it looks today. Of course you can imagine that it has changed a lot.

The part on the right hand side, didn't existed. There was an outdoor tab with a large basin. The Bit on the leftb my grandfather had made it into warehouse, but it is now only a roof. There was a separate yard for the free range chickens and there were some apple trees, asma, a cherry tree, a 3 or 4 massive walnut trees.

I had a hiding or rather a reading place in one of the cherry trees. It was right in the centre of the plot high in the brunches of the tree. I spent quite a lot of lazy afternoons reading hidden in the brances of the tree. We had chickens, rubbits, goats and sheep, a dog and several cats.

All of us had to help in the farm and with the household, there was no escape. I have miles of hand digged and hand picked corn on my books! I did it, I moaned at the time but it always felt good at the end of the day.

No comments:

ShareThis